Whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place, we have implemented a booking system. The booking system allows you to book boats and gym sessions. You must book a session if you want to attend the Club.
How to use the booking system:
- Choose the type of boat that suits your level of ability (General, Intermediate, Restricted), or choose gym session if you wish to use the ergos or gym equipment.
- Choose the name of boat you’d like
- Select the date
- Click on an available time (any time in grey is already booked)
- If your favourite boat is booked, why not try a different boat within the same category
The following rules for bookings are in place:
- You must agree to comply with the Rowing Victoria COVID-19 Guidelines when making a booking
- One member must nominate to be the Safety Officer at each session, and must follow the Safety Officer checklist when at the Club. On-water and gym sessions are separate, and a safety officer must be nominated for both sessions.
- Bookings are for 1 hour
- Repeat bookings are not permitted
- The Committee will monitor bookings to ensure fair access for all members.
Rowing Victoria COVID-19 Guidelines
- No more than 20 people may be at the Club at any one time, with a limit of 10 people per group/activity.
- Rowing is limited only to single sculls for those over 18 years. Rowers 18 years and under can train in crew boats.
- Do not train if you are unwell or display COVID-19 symptoms.
- A designated club safety officer is to be present during all training sessions to monitor and manage safety recommendations:
• The safety officer must comply with the Safety Officer Checklist. The Checklist is on display at the Club
• The safety officer does not need to be the same person every session, and can be a rower
• If a rower is training by themselves they should undertake the role of the safety officer.
- All shared equipment must be thoroughly washed with soap, or sanitised after use.
- The approach to training should focus on ‘get in, train, get out’, minimising all unnecessary contact. The kitchen, bathrooms and changerooms are open, but members should avoid congregating in these areas.
- All sessions must be booked using the online booking system. This will replace the boat usage log. This includes use of the gym and ergos.
- All members must continue to practice social distancing to help limit the risk of COVID-19 coronavirus spreading throughout the
• Minimising all unnecessary contact with others
• Keeping 1.5 metres apart and a minimum of 4 square metres per person in any setting
• Avoiding physical greetings such as handshakes, hugs and kisses
- Rowing Victoria recommends downloading of the COVIDSafe app to assist in speedily identifying and notifying members if anyone within their community has become infected.
For those booking boats, please ensure you are familiar with the new procedures, as outlined in the video below. (Note that the changerooms, gym and kitchen areas have now been reopened).